The wheelchair cushion Vicair Active O2 is designed for the active wheelchair user. It offers the unique combination of ergonomically shaped foam and Vicair SmartCells. The four rear SmartCell compartments provide a high level of comfort and skin protection, and offload the sitting bones and tailbone area. The foam front makes transfers easy and feels steady and improves wheelchair handling. The foam inlay is protected by an easy-to-clean fluid resistant liner. The rest of the cushion is 100% machine washable and breathable for optimal hygiene and perfect temperature & moisture regulation. The Vicair Active O2 has an easy accessible storage pouch for precious belongings (keys, phone, wallet). In short: everything you need to maintain your active lifestyle!
The wheelchair cushion Vicair Active O2 is a wheelchair cushion that helps prevent pressure ulcers. It is also a high quality addition to a pressure ulcer treatment plan (stage I-IV).
Click here to read more about the Vicair O2 range and its cushions.
Choose a 9 cm high cushion model:
- Always a better and safer option.
- Creates better immersion and envelopment.
- Ideal in cases where asymmetry is present.
- Greater adjustment possibilities. You can both add and remove SmartCells.
Choose a 6 cm high cushion model:
- When functionality is at stake. F.i. when a person can’t get underneath a table with his legs when he/she would use a 9 or 10 cm high cushion.
- When the user has lower risk of developing pressure injuries.
- Can be used with active users with a custom fit wheelchair without the option to change the height of foot plates, back rest etc.
- Reduced adjustment possibilities. Never remove SmartCells, only add SmartCells.
- To be used in combination with a sling seat. The sling ensures a better adoption of the body contours.
Used with (among others)
|Spinal cord injuries||Active users with a high transfer frequency|
|Paraplegia||Multiple Sclerosis (MS)|
|Height||6 and 9 cm|
|Average weight||1250 grams|
|Max. user weight||200 kg|
|Ready for use||Yes|
|Machine washable||Yes. Max. 60°C (without foam)|
|Drying time||Air dry 5 to 6 hours|
|Warranty||24 months | Lifetime Warranty on SmartCells|